Saturday, June 29, 2013

Soul Eater Medusa Cosplay DIY

Last year for the Cosplay Convention I went as Medusa from Soul Eater! Here is what you need:

  • Sewing Machine
  • Thread
  • Long Sleeved, Black Turtle Neck shirt
  • Dance Pants
  • Black Sharpie
  • White and Silver (I used gold) Fabric
  • Paper
  • Scissors (one for paper and one for fabric/Thread)
  • Wire
  • Needles
  • Flip-Flops
  • Rubber Band
  • Pencil
  • Wig (Optional)
Alright, once you have the shirt, cut the sleeves off and cut the turtle neck so it isn't really high and that there is a random slit thingy in the front. Cut the pattern for the two bracelets, small circles, and the design on her hood. Fold the Silver fabric in half and cut out two of the fabric stuff for the two bracelets. Next fold the white fabric in half and cut out the two small circles and the hood design (I made the hood design simple but then drew on the random shapes she has on it)

Cut the sleeves up the seam and sew them together (opposite from the seam) and then sew the now one piece of sleeve onto the back of the turtle neck. The slit thingy in the front has the left and right side and on each side is one of the white circles, sew those on. Next, sew on the hood designs on each side of the hood and you are done with the shirt.

Sew the silver pieces almost all the way together but keep a part open for the wire, once you slide the wire in sew the fabric closed, repeat for other bracelet. Put on the shirt and dance pants then wind the bracelet up each arm so you have one bracelet on each side. Take the Sharpie (I had my friend draw this) and draw the tattoos she has on her arms.

Wig:
put your hair up and then put the wig on and you are done

Your hair way:

If you used your regular hair (I did) then twist it in the front until you get to the end and put the rubber band in. You are done!


 
Tips:

  • If you are using your regular hair, twist tightly so that when you tie the rubber band in and it loosens up a little, it is still twisted.
  • Watch out for the wire when sewing, I broke my sewing machines needle by it hitting the wire so I had to hand sew some things on and that is why I only had one bracelet.
  • If you wait until the day before, that is perfectly okay because I did my costume in one full day. (8:00 AM-8:00 PM and it only took that long because I had to go up to my moms house that day for her to paint my nails, which I have a separate tutorial for, and her birthday then hurriedly came back to my dads shop and finished it)

No comments:

Post a Comment